Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Brake

As I am currently on vacation from school and this blog is called "Jack to School" it is hard to find anything relevant to write. But I will say this: I love being on vacation. And I did learn something new yesterday, even away from school, if you can believe it. Yesterday, on Christmas, I learned a skill that I have always been ashamed of not having: driving stick shift. Yes, yesterday I got behind the wheel of the b.f.'s manual transmission car and with his instruction, drove. I may have stalled the car about 57 times, but eventually I got the hang of it and after many many jerks and jumps, finally was able to start smoothly. I'm definitely not ready for the road yet, but it was thrilling. Driving stick has always been one of those skills I thought I should possess. And now, I do. Sort of. At least around a parking lot with no other cars in my path. Merry Christmas to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike Schmidt likes this story.