Wednesday, December 10, 2008

On Homework

I'm actually quite proud of myself. When I started school I told myself that I wasn't going to worry about grades and that I was going to attempt to lead a normal life even with homework. Surely with my lack of postings lately it may seem like I've been spending all my time on homework. And for a moment I was. Then, a few days ago, I realized something-- that I physically and mentally can't spend all my time on homework. Maybe it's because I'm old and can't focus as well, or maybe it's because I care, but not enough to stress, but when I was an undergrad, I was able to lock myself in the library for 12 hours straight and work. Now, not so much. Last night I got home from school, did a few hours of work, then went out for a beer. And I'm a happier person for it. This term I have way too much going on. I don't really have free time during the day, making it nearly impossible to get any work done before 5 pm. But, I also can't work from 5 to 12 am like I used to. I need to keep that in mind when planning for next term. More time during the day for homework --> more time at night for relaxing and leading a "normal" (read: me when I was working) life. Oh, also, sleep. That's a key component. Lately I haven't been sleeping well. But, last night, I remembered "Wait, there's help! Simply Sleep!" And this morning I am wide awake. Hooray for sleep! Hooray for me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In a non-dependent way, I love Simply Sleep!

TLG said...

i've never known simply sleep.... in a much more addictive way i can say i know nyquil.... but i get the feeling this simply sleep stuff is a bit *cough* less-dependent? hmmmmm