Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick or Treat or Biostats Can Kiss My Ass

Biostats is ruining everything. I am so over it. One term was enough. It takes up too much of my precious time that I'd rather use studying for other classes. There is no need for me to be spending time typing code into some statistics computer program that I will never use again. Especially because I don't even understand what I'm typing. And regression? Linear, multiple and otherwise. Isn't going back to school at age 30 enough regressing for one person? I am a regression model. But, seriously, folks. I'm not kidding around. I know you think I'm joking. You think, "That Jackie. She loves biostatistics. Why does she try to trick us on her blog and make us think she hates it? She's such a kidder." What do I have to do to convince you? Why won't you believe me?! I don't like biostats. (Yes, I am fully aware that bitching about biostats makes for a thrilling blog. You don't have to tell me twice!)

One class I absolutely love this term is my Persuasive Communications Theory class. If you're ever at Hopkins and you have the chance to take it, I highly recommend it. Or, just read the fascinating and pretty quick book, Influence, one of the required books for the course. (I just typed in "Influence" into Amazon to get the link for you all and make your lives easier. It turns out Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen have a book by the same name, which is not required for my class. It isn't even recommended! What? I need to talk to the professor about that.)

All right. I have nothing more to say today. I just need to finish this asinine problem set so I can get to the good stuff and start saving lives millions at a time.

No comments: