Thursday, August 21, 2008

Testes

Here's something I forgot when I decided to go back to school: I don't like studying. I like learning, but not studying. Studying feels so forced. Learning is much more leisurely. But, alas, studying is one way we learn, right? So, it's time to study (cram) for my first test of the year. But as I mentioned, the class I'm now in is pass/fail, so I'm hoping I do the former. But I'll keep you all posted on whether that happens and if I'll be returning to television sooner than expected.

In other exciting news, we learned all about the reproductive system yesterday and various ways of getting and not getting preggers... IVF, surrogate wombs, etc... (all this time I thought it was a stork). Did you know a woman who's gone through menopause can serve as a surrogate mother, carrying a baby to term? I didn't. But all you need is a uterus! Aside from actually making me want a baby more (but we won't get into that here- sorry!), the lecture made me realize that sometimes sex jokes work and sometimes they bomb hard... and that this is just one of the many ways where public health and entertainment and comedy meet... and need a lot of work. This is where I come in! But not yet. I still have to pass the first test.

No comments: