Friday, August 22, 2008

Just Numbers

In case you're wondering, I did indeed pass the first test. If I hadn't, well, that would have been a problem since they gave us the questions beforehand. I got a 98 (what's up?!)... however there's no reason I shouldn't have gotten a 100. Plenty of people did. Oh well. I went too fast and picked insulin over aldosterone and made one other silly mistake. (There were 100 questions). But whatever. Good to leave some room for improvement, right? I also feel incredibly silly that I'm even slightly bothered by not getting a 100. What's happening to me? Anyway, my Pass is going to look the same as their Pass which is going to look the same as the guy's who got a B Pass. (I never know where to put the apostrophe s in those sentences. Is it after guy or B?)

On to more pressing matters before I continue studying for the essay test today. Yesterday we heard a lecture on aging. The professor took us through various biological aging processes, starting with age 25. Of course she had to preface this part with "Most of you probably aren't even this old yet." Jesus Christ. This once again brought up the topic of age. And when I told more people that I'm almost 30 (I really must milk 29 for the next week) they responded with, "Wow, but you look great." Thanks? So does that imply that by 30 people aren't expected to look great? Not cool. (Though to be honest, I wasn't displeased when people told me they thought I was 25. But, maybe that's because I act like I'm 16 and look 30? Hmmm....). I really must get over this age thing. I'm hoping once classes start next week, I won't be alone in my, ahem, late-20's status.

Okay. Time to study. But first, speaking of age, I must say Happy Birthday to my fellow 30 year old Virgo, EB! Happy Birthday, EB!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay! my initials! thanks for the happy birthday shoutout. yours is comin round the bend!